Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

MPG

Phil Morris

Since getting my Roadsport 125 in Feb I've done 1200 miles and it averages 30-35 mpg. My previous car a 1700 Supersprint driven on similar Blats at similar speeds averaged at best 25mpg.This is on the road, don't expect anything like this on the track.

The tank as you say holds 8 gallons though the "usable" amount varies from car to car depending on the length of the pick-up. I have found out mine manages 7 usable gallons and is unable to get the last gallon out of the tank. I believe that the pick-up can be extended to improve range with of piece of tubing,

The fuel gauge is not very reliable so I fill up before 200 miles is on the trip.

John

Edited by - John Hughes on 12 Apr 2011 00:43:13

Thanks for the reply guys, just for the record ive had caterhams for 20 years, first 2 were highly tuned X/flow(181bhp) did around 20mpg on run 15 in a race meeting, next 2, 2.3 Cosworth Duretec (305bhp) 22mpg on a small run(good!) but down to 12mpg at a race W/end(can live with that thou), 5th car 1.6K road car, good on fuel(hence never checked! ) my current car(sigma) for the power, or lack off, seems poor, less than 30mpg..........cheers, Phil

I haven't had a chance to drive my Sigma 125 on the road yet, so can't comment personally. ☹️

However, considering Martin Jeffrey reported achieving 41.8mpg in this thread:

here

I suspect there is something wrong as your driving style seems to have been pretty economical in your other cars!

Duncan

Edited by - DJ. on 12 Apr 2011 10:12:27

I recently got 30 mpg doing a reasonably steady 70 on the motorways in my Sigma 125. Was a little disappointed, but did not think this was too bad until I saw Martin's blog - was going to suggest Martin checked his figures again!

As has been said on this thread - not worried as the thrills are worth it - just useful to have a rough idea of how far one can travel between fill ups!