Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bulk buy- Powerspeed 4-2-1 Exhaust Systems

Dave_H

Would anyone be interested in a Powerspeed 4-2-1 exhaust system for a K-series Caterham? Powerspeed have agreed to give us a 10% discount on 5 systems and a 15% discount on 10 systems. So if we get 5 people the price will be £481.82 and 10 people £450. This really is excellent value for a custom made stainless steel exhaust with a re-packable silencer. If anyone is interested please e-mail me direct on: davidhillier@hotmail.com *smile*

Dave,

As you know I'm definitely interested. As you mentioned to me before it also looks like Powerspeed are finally constructing a jig for these exhaust so it want be necessary to leave the car with them whilst they build your exhaust.

BTW the price Dave has quote INCLUDES fitting by Powerspeed.

Mike.

Edited by - MikeE on 20 Sep 2002 16:26:05

• Support Team

Check out the Powerspeed.co.uk site and follow the links to the WILL FLY site for lots of good photos

Dave

I am certainly interested if the deal can include a system for an SV

I e-mailed you yesterday but it was returned for some reason

Rob

If you want the ceramic coating available from camcoat you'll need to get it done whilst the exhaust is brand new. Not sure if Dave_H is willing to organise this for you but robmar or myself have camcoated powerspeed systems so can provide pictures. If you are wondering why you might want the coating then there have been several topics on it in the last month or so.

But basically, you won't burn yourself on it and you wont have to polish it.

HOOPY R706KGU See you at Cadwell *thumbup* *smile*

Dave,

Sounds very interseting - can you advise if this is fully fitted including all brackets etc etc. Also the one on "will fly" has an ali trim plate around the hole in the side of the car - do you know if this is Powerspeeds standard installation or did Roy do this himself?

Dave,

Sounds very interseting - can you advise if this is fully fitted including all brackets etc etc. Also the one on "will fly" has an ali trim plate around the hole in the side of the car - do you know if this is Powerspeeds standard installation or did Roy do this himself?

Yep powerspeed did Will Spins *wink* trim, he actually had powerspeed fit the exhasust for him.

I suspect the price givin is just parts, and they came with 2 brackets welded to the exhaust to fit the standard caterham brackets at the side of the car, although my front one was a bugger of a fit *smile*

Camcoating still gets hot, however I think the heat leaves it much quicker than if not. I got mine camcoated inside and out, and I belive you can have various colours, went for black as it would match the car 😬

rob

PP - I doubt it unless you are going to get them to fit it

it is not that hard a job with a set of flap wheels, however of the 3 exhaust I have seen that where made at the same time, they are all slightly different in where and and what angle the exit the car from, so a supplied template I got from Will Spin was not that accurate for me!, so an amount of trial fitting and re-measurement is needed.

I had to remove the cross brace and the engine mount to give me greater access to fitting it, also removing the studs that the exhaust attaches to on the side of the engine helped a great deal.

I managed to do ti with some help from Will SPina nd others, and have since removed it, enlarged the whole (as it was clashing) and replaced it so it cannot be that difficult

Rob

Ref. fitting see my post above, or here:

Dave,

As you know I'm definitely interested. As you mentioned to me before it also looks like Powerspeed are finally constructing a jig for these exhaust so it want be necessary to leave the car with them whilst they build your exhaust.

BTW the price Dave has quote INCLUDES fitting by Powerspeed.

Mike.

Dave should really confirm this but, the way I saw it working was, once Powerspeed have their jig made up, we order x number of exhausts and as each is completed the buyer takes their car down to powerspeed and gets it fitted whilst they wait (as part of this price). And yes, they will enlarge the exit hole in the ali skin but you may want to add a bit of final finishing to it

Mike.

MikeE - hope to see you there

if I am not, hunt out Will Spin (aka Roy Booth) in a yellow caterham as he has also got the powerspeed exhaust, and also recent DVA power 😬

I have tillets and a half ACB10 setup *confused* so between us we should be able tot thourghly confuse you *smile*

rob *smile*