Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Llandow Needs You

David Lynch

Just had message (all former competitors will have) from James Ashley who organises the Llandow Sprint. They are low on numbers and may have to cancel 😳

Get your entries in *idea*

I can't attend this time ☹️, but have to say it really is a fantastic weekend when combined with Llys-y-Fran. I really should be going to try and exact my revenge on Al in Class One... *wink*

Edited by - David Lynch on 6 Apr 2011 19:35:29

Has anyone had confirmation of their entry?

Hope its on as its Jo's favourite weekend away, dining in Cowbridge and Wolfcastle, although Ive not told her we will be sleeping in the back of the works van this year 😳

Jeff

Jeff - didn't realise you where such a romantic *tongue*

what more could a lady want

dining in Cowbridge and Wolfcastle, although Ive not told her we will be sleeping in the back of the works van this year

if she complaims just say it is to do with the cut backs and to blame David Cameron 😬

rob

I have just spoken to James Ashley - Sec of the Meeting.

They currently have 51 entrants - they will need 80 to break even. They will take entries on the day if required but they will need to get significantly closer to the 80 to go ahead.

Of the 51 entries 36 are from L7C - I know of one other on its way (Kevin)

Here is the link to the entries here

Given anyone you know who hasn't entered a prod please.

If this event does not break even this year it is unlikely to run next year! ☹️

Sorry to sound like a lawyer here but the regs specifically say the minimum number needed is 50. If they have 51 then the event goes ahead surely???

It's not a legal requirement, Mark, having been in a similar position organising a sprint for the WSCC, we knew how many we need but it's still up to the organising club to decide whether it's worth going ahead even if they have 60, 70 or more entries, the minimum number may still constitute a monetary loss to the club and other factors since the issue of the regs may mean this becomes too much to bear *wink*

The maximum entry is 120 and the minimum is 50. Should the minimum figure not be reached, the Organisers have the right to cancel the meeting

Hmmm well it does seem to read that way... our Regs were worded thus:

The maximum entry for the meeting is 90, a reserve list of 10 names will be maintained. The minimum entry is 55. The minimum in each class is 5.

Should any of the above minimums not be reached, the organisers have the right to cancel the meeting or amalgamate classes as necessary.

Shoot me down if you think Im out of order, but, as a fan of Llandow...

If there are only 50 odd entries it means we should get (including practise) 6 or 7 runs on the day which is more than normal but not out of the ordinary... my point is how much money is required for the event to break even, and divided between all the entrants , be deemed worth it for these extra runs?

Probably not been done before, but if an extra £10-£15 per driver would save the event then I for one would consider it.

I'll get me coat.

Jeff

Thanks Peter.

I am not actually trying to cause any trouble and I know how difficult it must be to arrange these kind of events but there is big difference between the 50 required on the regs and the 80 that we are now being told is actually required (£95 x 30).

I did wonder whether Mr Paul was attempting to encourage those of us that have registered to re-apply to get us past the magic 80 number!

Having said this, I am very impressed with the percentage turnout from our championship (36 out of 51).