Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Osbournes Insurance Track Day Cover U/S

Rob Walker

My insurance renewal dropped on the mat today and I was initially pleased at the premium which was £325 up a mere £14 however the sting in the tail was the latest excess as applied to track day cover. This excess has gradually increased over the past 5 years starting from £1000 and last year £1000 or 25% of the claim whichever is the greater. The new excess now applied this LINKIT policy is £1000 or 25% of the insured value of the vehicle. Now this renders the trackday cover useless IMO. The average Caterham will be insured for 20K and this means that in addition to your normal road excess the first £5000 will be excess payable. This effectively rules out it ever being viable to make a claim for a repair and you would also loose NCB to boot. ☹️

Be carefull!

Rob.

Rob,

Try Eggar Lawson they seem to be very reasonable and include L7C/Caterham trackdays as standard, From memory the excess is only an additional £500. If trackday is not L7C/Caterham they charge £35 and the excess is then 10% of insured value.

My current policy (commenced Feb 2002): £250 for 7,500 miles, 2 named drivers aged 43 and 41 on a 1993 Supersprint.

Chris Alston

1800 Supersprint - Loud and Proud 😬 ...well it only sounds fast officer 😳

Brooklands aeroscreens for those........flies in the teeth moments *eek*

Eggar Lawson don't cover all trackday, they only cover eputable companies. This is fair enough I guess, I did a BookaTrack day at Goodwood and they charge £35 extra, however I've just done a BookaTrack day at Folembray (France) and Eggar Lawson refused to cover it.