Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fuel Pump wiring colours

Shaun_E

• Support Team

I have replaced my fuel pump with the R500 one but the wires on the new pump are different colours to the old one. Ordnarily this would be a straight swap but as my car has been rewired the connectors are different and therefore I can't assume they are the right way round.

On the old one Yellow/Green was the switched live and black the earth.

The new pump has Brown and Blue/Black wires - can anyone tell me which is earth and which is switched live.

Thanks,

Shaun

• Support Team
Turns out that brown is live and blue/black is earth. I checked by hooking it up to a battery and spraying petrol everywhere *eek*. Good job too as it showed me that I hadn't connected the banjo up correctly *eek* *eek*.

Hi Shaun.

Do you have the part number for your new pump and also for your old?

From memory, your car is an SLR (may be wrong). The reason I ask, is that Steve Holland and I were going to replace the pumps on our cars (both SLR) but on taking them out, the pumps are already the R500 spec'.

Well done on not blowing your car up! *eek*

Stuart

• Support Team

Hi Stuart,

My car was a Superlight with a 1.6 Supersport engine so unlikely to have had the uprated pump. I will check the part numbers this evening - I have the invoice for the new one and the old one is on the garage floor somewhere!

Shaun