Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wheel reconditioners ?

Mark H

Can anyone recomend a company to recondition some alloys , there in ok condition at the moment but would benifit from some work .

Preferably in east anglia

Also any idea of cost, they are revolutions so would require painting and polishing

Thanks in advance.

The Latest Bentley Boy 😬

I used to have an Evo 6 (stands back awaiting a flaming ...) and some of the boys on that forum used a company called Wicked Wheels (0800 2985454). No idea where they are, and didn't use them myself, but I always heard very good reports. Can refurb as well as change colour (from alli-look to black coated, for example).

Cheers

Al

Graham the costs maybe similar but i don,t think the revolution wheels are still available but i could be wrong , so seeing as i like them i thought i should treat them to a referb. Also had some new tyres fitted on my prisoners this week , had the balance checked on the full set and not one of these wheels is striaght ☹️ so i would like to smarten up the revos in the hope that i wont need 2 kilos of balance wieghts on each corner. *tongue*

Marc *wink*

The Latest Bentley Boy 😬

A little known trick with wheel balancing is not to have wheels balanced inside and out. For example, when I got my current wheels balanced they wanted 50g inside and 50g outside to get a 'perfect' balance. However, the inside weighs fouled my brake calipers (see a long ago thread) so I found a wheel fitter (next to Ratrace) that could fit weighs only between the spokes (centre line) and guess what it only needed 20g and there is no vibration between 0mph and seriously illegal!

But most tyre fitters can only do the 'perfect' job....

Low tech luddite - xflow and proud!

Thanks JF but i have the wheels , i just wont them repainted and polished. im not in the market for any more but i do need a couple of the revolution centre caps if anyone got some 🤔

still wearing flares 😬

Edited by - Marc Hicks on 20 Sep 2002 18:30:01

• Area Representative

Hi Marc,

Your lucky day..!

Whilst I was wandering round the Donnington Show last Sunday, I came across a stand with repainted wheels etc. called The Refurbishment Company based in Whetstone, Leicester - 1 mile from Jct21/M1. (Tel: 0116 286 3486 or mobile 0797 6644 893). Their samples certainly looked like very decent quality.

Apparently they shot blast and powder cost the wheels for £25 per bare wheel with the job taking a day to do. Must say I fancy having my wheels done so i would be interested in how you get on if you use them.

Chap said they would powder coat anything like roll bars, cages etc and typically things were about £25 each... Can't be bad!

Let us know how you get on....

HTH

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬