Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Power hacksaw, shaping machine

Sheds Moderator

Rapidor power hacksaqw, single phase, good condition, approx 18" blade. Collect from near Cadwell Park, Lincs. £150

Elliott 10M shaper, for generating flat surfaces without expensive milling cutters. This machine passes a normal lathe cutting tool back and forth while the workpiece gradually moves from one side to the other. Needs a 3 phase supply or a converter, awailable separately. £400

Pics follow.

here

here

Edit - 3 phase converter to run 3 phase equipment on 240V domestic wiring - £200. As new condition, it's a Motorrun 2HP converter, available new at £300 on their website.

Edited by - batteredoldsupersport on 29 Mar 2011 20:51:45

Edited by - batteredoldsupersport on 1 Apr 2011 09:47:33

Rapidor power hacksaqw, single phase, good condition, approx 18" blade. Collect from near Cadwell Park, Lincs. £150

Hi BOSS - May I register a Dibs / interest in this until I can have a chat with a mate tomorrow please

Wonder if you could post a couple of pics of it please - I can direct my mate to this post then *thumbup*

Edited by - Billyboy on 29 Mar 2011 22:59:37

That was quick, thanks gents.

The power saw is sold to Billyboy, or his friend, BTW it's in good order and nice condition, you won't be disappointed at all. I thought I had pics but my camera has thrown a wobbly anbd my folks are on hols now, I'll let you know when they return.

Don, WRT the shaper, I will check out details for shipping weight and workshop space reqd. It's pretty heavy, at a guess 150-200kg but not in the same league of massiveness as the miller he sold, which was 600kg! I'll confirm the exact weight and size, it is the sort of thing you could manhandle onto a trailer or a Tranny van, unlike the miller which was the kind of thing that would leave a Tranny with a hole in the floor.

Afternoon Don,

The Colchester Bantam was sold a year ago. Smaller than you would want but a lovely thing, it had milling attachments and the works. If you could only have one machine it would have been ideal. The buyer is one of us, BC is better than model engineering forums for selling this stuff.

The remaining items are: Blacksmithing eqpt inc a forge, anvil, etc, a 3 phase converter and the shaper. Coming soon a wood lathe and a very old bandsaw, and a variety of small parts - dividing heads, 4 jaw chucks, driving dogs, steel (various) the list will be lengthy but we are ploughing through it a few bits at a time.

BOSS

Let me know when it can be arranged *thumbup*

Can you tell me a little about the

a 3 phase converter

Would this alow a 3 phase drill press to be used from a 240vsingle phase supply - its a heavy drill press mind - an old one so not sure of the power draw it will have

thanks

The converter will run any 3 phase device up to 2HP. I don't yet know the price and my Dad is now on hols but I'll work out a price shortly.

I don't know how big your drill press is but 2HP will run a decent size miller so it will probably cope. Most drills are less than 1HP.

Edited by - batteredoldsupersport on 30 Mar 2011 21:38:09

I have found a manual for the shaper, it's bigger than I remember. Footprint 28" wide by 43" deep, stands 47" high. weight (brace yourself) 750 lb. Yes, it's chunky. Needs to be though for stiffness. It is transportable though, various people on the net describe dismantling it into manageable chunks to load it in a van. In contrast with the miller this IS something you can ship on a decent trailer.

Here is the manual: http://www.neme-s.org/Shaper%20Books/Elliott%2010M%20Shaper.pdf

• 4 weeks later...