Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R500 CP - Duratec R500 with Sequential Gearbox for Sale

nigelpugh

Quoting Powder Puff: 
Sorry to see you're selling Nige....anything interesting planned for a replacement?

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the comment, not really decided as yet, its just a shame that I have not been able to make the time due to family commitments with two young children and work etc.

I am convinced someone will be able to give her a good home, and more regular use than I have managed during the time I have owned her.

Cheers,

Nige.

Nigel

Just a thought and I hope you don't mind me mentioning it but personally I think I would state on the advert that the stripes are only stickers and the new owner could remove them completely or replace them with different colour ones if they wished. Don't get me wrong I think the car is the nuts but the green is very loud and will only appeal to a few. For instance I'm not keen on the green stripes (we are all different) and if I was looking for a R500 and never knew they were stickers then you wouldn't get a call from me. As I say, we all have different tastes but the versatility of the base colour will allow someone to personalise it and get the feeling that they 'own' it a bit by adding whatever they wanted.

Jason

Edited by - Jason Fletcher on 1 Apr 2011 19:16:54

Guys,

Thanks for all of your comments.

As has already been said I feel that my car is unique because of the bright green stripes over the pearlescent white.

To me it was the fact its individual that makes it stand out, and not just another R500 Top Gear Stig replica!!

Of course as has been said they are only decals, so they could be changed to suit whatever the new owner chose, and with little cost or works to change.

But its each to there own I guess!!

Nige.

Quoting Neil1202 : 
Nige

Sorry to see it going. It's out of my price league unfortunately but as you say, be great if it stayed local.

Don't worry, we'll still let you sit with us on Club night 😬

Neil,

Thanks I feel that I may need to handover the baton of Local Rep to someone else now though!!

Would be nice to see it go to a local, there is a guy from Birmingham coming to see it, so you never know!!

Quoting Jason Fletcher: 
Nigel

Just a thought and I hope you don't mind me mentioning it but personally I think I would state on the advert that the stripes are only stickers and the new owner could remove them completely or replace them with different colour ones if they wished. Don't get me wrong I think the car is the nuts but the green is very loud and will only appeal to a few. For instance I'm not keen on the green stripes (we are all different) and if I was looking for a R500 and never knew they were stickers then you wouldn't get a call from me. As I say, we all have different tastes but the versatility of the base colour will allow someone to personalise it and get the feeling that they 'own' it a bit by adding whatever they wanted.

Jason

Edited by - Jason Fletcher on 1 Apr 2011 19:16:54

Jason,

Thanks for the comments, and your probably correct, I have now amended the PH advert.

Thanks to you and Dave J for your help with constructive comments!!

Nige.

Edited by - nigelpugh on 2 Apr 2011 12:04:11

Quoting Mad Hatter: 
£50k is nuts when considering my spec against a new R500 *eek*

Agreed, but not everyone has your building skills, and would rather pay CC for the benefit!!

Seems lots of people are still buying them too, the waiting list for factory built cars in 9 Months plus!!