Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Electricly heated windscreen

The Laddie

On my 2006 model I pull off the rubber spade connector cover (clear rubbery thing), remove the rubber grommet (still on the screen wire) the bare spade connector then pulls out through the hole in the scuttle.

I then relace the spade connector cover back onto the bare connector left in the car.

No need to cut wires

Nick

Hi Mike

If you are just taking the big screen off for sprinting, have you tried running without an aero?

With a fullface lid it is better than with an aero.

The wind pushes straight into front of lid (like on a bike). Much less lift on the lid.

Did this once for drag rwyb and it was geat.

Only reason I run my aero on the road is that itis better when just using goggles/beanie. Also handy place to mount mirrors.

Haven't seen you up Northants way for ages. Did you move?

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the thought, but Mark has explained my position perfectly.

Re Northants, I regret that I could only get up there easily when I was working in Bucks, and I have been away from there for a couple of years now.

My current contract is coming to an end, so who knows where next.

Keep safe...

Laddie

Hi there good to see you getting back into it.

Once you have the captive nuts swapping the windscreen is easy, it's what I did all last season, 3 tips, a towel to rest the ws on the bonnet, take something to clean the paint underneath the ws as a lot of dust and carp builds up and with manouvering the screens you will develop scratches and don't drop it like I did at the end of last season 😳

Mine had spade connectors on and they just fitted through the scuttle holes, took about 15 mins after practice and being careful

Have a great season