Click here if you are having website access problems ×

How do I cover my new holes?

Steve Robinson

Old Minis have extra holes where they can put the windscreen wipers for left and right hand drive cars. The extra holes have a rubber grommet in. You could try a car accessory shop. Sometimes you can get blanking grommet type things in blister packs. You could also try RS Components as they seem to have most things nowadays.

AMMO

If you go to a decent motocyle shop they do packs of anti-scuff stickers. In the pack are circles and some elongated circles. I have used the longer one, slightly cut down - just happen to do Carbon Fibre as well *smile* Only cost £6 I think fo a pack containing of 10 of each... also do Carbon/Kevlar or just plain black.

The pack should last you ages depending on how often you swap to full screen and back.

Phil Waters

General Dog's Body

Whippet Racing 😬

Hi Steve,

Not had any problems with water. I have doubled up and put some tape on the inside as well, so I think it is pretty safe.

Have a look here for the stuff I was on about... they do large A4 and A3 sheets as well which is very flexible - just can't think of a use for it *tongue*

http://www.motrax.co.uk/Accessories/Real_carbon_strips.html

Phil Waters

General Dog's Body

Whippet Racing 😬