Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T: Ceramic one and half bowl sink

Frying Pan

CDA CW22 ceramic one and half bowl sink.

We had a new kitchen earlier in the year, and when the fitters opened the box for the sink, noticed it was damaged on the outer edge of one corner (back-right hand side as per the picture in the link above).

We had it fitted temporarily (without sealant) for a month or so before the replacement arrived, but it looks like new. To be honest, if they had been a bit heavy handed with the sealant in this corner, we probably wouldn't have noticed the chip.

The replacement is now fitted, so can get rid of this. Comes with a complete set of plug holes / plug and wastes which are brand new (we left the originals in place).

As it was fitted, the hole for the tap has been made (there are two thinner areas of the ceramic and you have to hit one or the other with a nail to break through *eek*) so it is now a right hand drainer - Picture of it in-situ before the tiling was done.

I do have the packing box, but it would need to be collected (J11 M40 - Banbury).

Any offers before it goes on eBay?

I can take some photos of the actual damage one evening (not tonight).

Guy

Edited by - 7heavensoon on 28 Mar 2011 15:23:29

Edited by - 7heavensoon on 31 Mar 2011 10:39:42

Thanks for the interest Tim and Andy

As promised, some photos:

Side view of right-rear

Rear view

Corner view

Waste pipes

Top view of damaged corner

Right hand rear corner

Tim - I seem to have deleted your email ( *rolleyes*) but you have first dibs. Andy is #2

These sinks are typically £180 - £200 - how does £75 sound?

Guy

Edited by - 7heavensoon on 31 Mar 2011 18:57:50

Hi Guy,

Still keen on this but a couple of things to check:

When you say left hand drainer does that mean the sink is on the left hand and the drainer on the right (and your photo isn't reversed) *confused*

Also could you take a photo directly over the top as I just want to check the overall visibility of the chip.

I am hatching a cunning plan for collection *cool* - when it is packed away in the box how many of Billyboy's racks could I add to fit in a Focus Hatchback and then bring down for the SE buyers?

I can give you a decision tomorrow.

Cheers,

Andy