Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Roll bars

heavenly7

The Caterham std roll bar isn't FIA approved as the tubing isn't large enough diameter and it doesn't have any diagonal bracing. If your bar doesn't have the diagonal bar which gets in the way of the view through the rear view mirror then I guess you have either the std bar or or the R500 bar which is now std anyway.

BC

you need to drop the rear suspension to get the lower bolts in above the shock absorbers.

the FIA bootcover is about 40 quid, 200 or so for an FIA bar, a good few hours to drop the suspension and reassemble it. more fiddling fitting the bar (it may need a bit of brute force) and another hour of fiddling to do the new bootcover (the holes are bigger and fourther forward).

HOOPY R706KGU See you at Cadwell *thumbup* *smile*

The bolts which fit above the rear shockers have a thinner head so that the top of the shocker doesn't foul the bolt, otherwise the shocker will go back in place.

You need to make sure Caterham give them to you.

They don't come (or they didn't) in the standard pack as I found out from experience *confused*

ah yes - one of my "favorite" *mad* bits of caterham parts ineptitude. there are 10 bolts (+3 for the pettey strut) holding the FIA bar in place. the fixing kit contains two of these (+ the 3 petty ones).

In total you need

- the two thin head upwards ones

- two long chunky ones for the back stays + nuts

- 4 shorter chunky ones that go on the plate inside of the roll bar (2 of these hold the belts if you have harnesses and so need to be longer)

- 2 thinner long ish ones to go on the outside of the hoop to hold the plate down. I think its these two that come in the fixing kit.

HOOPY R706KGU See you at Cadwell *thumbup* *smile*