Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Powder coating

kaym

Thinking about treating my front suspension to a birthday and having it re powder coated. Can anyone recommend a decent company in the North West/ Warrington area. I'm new to the world of Sevening and would be greatful for any advice on the matter............

*wavey*

IME anyone advertising as a powder coater knows what he's up to, they aren't idiots and the process works. They do a lot of work for the motorbike fraternity so you could ask at the local bike shop. The main thing that goes wrong is if the metal isn't degreased before coating so you need to ensure that whatever goes to them is thoroughly clean and has not a speck of grease on it. Rust isn;t an issue, the shot blasting removes that. Some coaters do their own blasting, others not and this can be a rate limiting step so you may wish to explore the possibilities of getting it blasted elsewhere first and taking the clean metal in for coating. Black will turn around quickly and be cheap.

*arrowup* they are at the end of your ankle's one OS and one NS 😬

Have a loook at HI-TECH coatings in Rainford *thumbup*

Welcome to Blatchat *wavey*

You will need a BONNET and NOSE rack for when you do the strip down let me know I am so close you could pick one up *thumbup* from the bulk buy *thumbup*

Edited by - Billyboy on 17 Mar 2011 21:39:54

Kaym,

Welcome to a whole new lifestyle.. *wavey*

Your local AR Nick Chan, is THE man to talk to. I think there's a load of stuff going to the powder coaters soon.

He'll probably see this post and get in touch, but you could try to find one of his posts, and then Blatmail him. ( use the little envelope icon *arrowup* thingy just above his post )

Clive

• Leadership Team

Hi Kaym, the powder coaters that quite a few of us in the Warrington area use is actually up in Westhoughton - very friendly service and good prices. PM me if you want the details.

Call in for a beer last wednesday of the month if you fancy some general 7 chat - Ring'O'Bells in Daresbury village. There's usually a few of us there at around 7.15pm to order food!

Stu.

• Area Representative

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the club and the world of Blatchat *wink* We use Kelcoat over in Leek for our coating. They provide the full service including removal of old powdercoat and then re-coat in either powder or nylon. Very good value for money and have regularly seen piles of Caterham bits turning up through the winter months. For the front suspension, I recommend the nylon coating as being VERY resilient to stone chips and I would throw the springs, spring tops, uprights, front ARB and steering arms in the same pile as the wishbones (with the bushes removed)...

HTH

Nick

• Area Representative

LADS recommend the guys in Westhoughton as Stu has said.

VANDEN POWDER COATING

79, Manchester Rd, Westhoughton, Bolton, Lancashire BL5 3QD

Tel: 01942 818953/

Ask for Mark

When I did my rebuild last year, they did all my suspension (front and rear) inc. 2 de dion tubes, all the interior panels inc. footwells, headlamp brackets etc. etc. Very pleased with the job.

LADS top tip:- When you've had the job done, put black insulation tape on the front edge of the lower wishbone. You won't even notice it's there, but it will save a lot of stone chips.

Thanks to all, I've got a couple options which is great, time to get the spanners out!

I hope to get to the area meets in the near future MADS, Cheshire and Staffs, LADS and meet up with fellow addicts...... roll on summer

cheers

*smile*