Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oh Dear

cskip

☹️

It looks like I will have to miss at least the first 4 events of the year. 🙆🏻

I had a worry that there was a problem with my xflow. When the engine was opened up we found 4 cracked pistons and a split liner. ☹️

So a significant rebuild is needed.

I am targeting being ready for Gurston.

Skip,

🙆🏻 I know I had a cracked piston years ago (in fact , it's been nicely polished and sits on the TV unit), but to find all 4 cracked that's really bad luck ☹️

There's a guy on Pistonheads (Caterham section) who's considering a Zetec conversion maybe you could convince him to sell his 150bhp x/flow?

If you do want any advice re Zetec then just email me.

Hope you're not out for too long

Zetec - I am not sure about that. One of the local club member upgraded from xflow to zetec and it cost £8000. I am not sure what type of xflow you think I can build that would cost more than £8k *smile* It would be special!!!!

For the record I would need to convert from 4 speed to a type 9 and I would need to convert from Ital to Ford axle if I went the zetec route.

Clive,

Don't believe the hype, drop a nice little 1.8 zetec in, keep it on original DCOE40 carbs, bags of torque, nice power and all for under £1500, less if you already have megajolt on.

All depends on how much you want to sort yourself and howmuch you want one of the two engine builders to do for you.