Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Emerald ECU

Adam

Karl (Emerald) tested the unit recently and below is what he said. Im not ready to use the unit yet and am considering selling it to someone who is (for the right price etc etc). Im also considering other makes - although, for a K series I think that the Emerald combined with huge experience (DW has on Ks) & number of maps available is the best choice. The unit as is can, and did recently, run on a 1600 K-series (EU2) - but as Karl mentions it can be changed for different fly wheels, dual coils etc etc if required.

A new Emerald unit will cost just short of £600 and theres a long wait for them. The idea of this sale would be for me to "upgrade" to the later model and someone else get an Emerald "today".

email from Karl---------

The ECU you have (16bit) isn't software configurable for different engine setups which means you are stuck with how it is set with the main code (although this can be emailed and flashed into the ECU at your end). Also the 16bit system you have only has one ignition driver installed so it can't be used for the twin coil setup - I can install a second ignition driver if you want to send the ECU back.