Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Engine oil for Zetec?

Drumster

I Suspect chris has got a nice new shiny blacktop from Raceline 😬

If in the same place i'd go with the 10w/40,

Using fully synthetic 0w40 motorsport in mine, but then mine is a series 2 silvertop which I use all year round.

Edited by - CaterBram Jnr on 7 Mar 2011 19:29:14

*arrowup* As I said, "Out of interest"......

It would appear, for a variety of reasons, that everybody has their own opinions.

In my old x/flow I was recommended to use Mobil 15w/50 and until the day it died (after over 50K miles of hard use) I always did and the internals were in very good condition as a result of many regular oil changes. However, I know of many other x/flows that are around that don't use Mobil 1 15w/50 and are still going strong....

Tricky business this oil lark.... *rolleyes*

Quoting Aeroscreens: 
Raceline suggested Valvoline Synpower 10w/40

That's funny, 4 years ago when I fitted mine (199bhp), Raceline told me to use 10w/40 semi-synthetic *confused*, which I have done for 10K miles and it's fine. However I do change the oil each track day and at the beginning of the year, so the engine never does more than about 2k miles between oil changes.

I was always lead to believe that the advantage of fully synthetic oil was longevity which in my case is not an issue. But someone will be along in a minute to tell me I am wrong (again) 😬