Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Powerspeed Silencer (No Cat) - NOW SOLD

Steve T

Selling a 6" Powerspeed repackable silencer (no cat converter). Has completed about 7,000 miles, is of brushed stainless (so no polishing required) with approx. 5" of 2.5" diameter inlet pipe. The silencer is about 24" long and is 6" in diameter. Noise measured at 5,000rpm from 190bhp K series at 0.5m 45 degrees from tail pipe = 97dB so nice and quiet. Some marks, scratches and the odd small dent but in reasonably good condition. Has 1 mounting bracket to suit Caterham side bracket. If nobody is interested it will go on eBay. Looking for £175 ?

Edited by - Steve T on 5 Mar 2011 16:54:54

Edited by - Steve T on 7 Mar 2011 23:07:01

Hi, it measures a fraction under 35" from the centre of the mounting hole in the bracket to the end of the inlet pipe. If you BM me your email, I will send over a pic.

Silencer

Thanks - PIC NOW ADDED SEE LINK

Edited by - Steve T on 5 Mar 2011 18:47:36

Edited by - Steve T on 5 Mar 2011 18:48:14

Hi,

Petrolhead - I have just measured with a micrometer and the inlet pipe is 64mm OD and the material is just under 2mm thick so the ID is 60/61mm; this is described as a 2.5" pipe as that is what Powerspeed fitted to make it reusable.

This would be easily 'stretched' a couple of mm if you have access to an expander or you could use an off the shelf coupler.

Martin - any primaries would be suitable so long as you end up with a single outlet that connects to the silecer inlet, there are several ways to connect, either directly if your outlet were the correct size or via a coupler suited to match the 2 pipes. The 2.5" inlet size is typically what you would use with a 4-2-1 system.