Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Minator Sizes

MikeE

Right, I'm fed up of waiting for a 2nd hand set of trackday wheels and tyres to become available. I'm going direct to George Polley for a new set of 13" KN minators (£50+vat) and A032Rs (£49+vat).

I really want to get the new wheels and tyres before the Lydden trackday on the 28th so I need to get a move on.

The car is a standard 135bhp Superlight but I intend getting a powerspeed 4-2-1 exhaust and emerald ecu (and rolling road setup) in the next couple of months.

So a few questions then:

1. What width wheels should I get - I guess either 6" or 7" (or 6" front, 7" rear?)- any advice?

2. What size A032Rs?

3. What compound (they're for trackday use only)?

Oh yeah, I should have said that in the future i may go for a set of ACB10s so the wheels need to be suitable for this upgrade in the future - I guess what I'm saying is I don't want to buy a set of wheels now, only to have to buy a wider set later when i have a bit better breathing and ecu control and can handle the car a bit better on track.

BTW This is all the result of seeing AndrewD and his (ACB10 shod) SLR at Folembrey *thumbup*

cheers,

Mike.

Edited by - MikeE on 17 Sep 2002 12:24:11

I'd suggest 6" all round with 185/60R13 tyres would be fine. worked well for me when i was at that spec of car. i think the change over to 7" rears (and its all VERY subjective / dependant on other things) would be around 160-200 bhp.

I've got sevens on the rear now with 150 ish bhp as I plan to get over 200 this winter. I'll report back after the track day on friday...

I'd suggest S compound are fine. Not used SS but the only person i've heard who has didn't like them. You won't get that many miles outof them as it is...

HOOPY R706KGU See you at Cadwell *thumbup* *smile*