Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tillett seat repair

Richard Ince

The early ones had a habit of breaking their spines between the top harness slots. Hence the reinforcing bar that is cast into the later ones.

I have a v-early Tillet - so early that it's branded Tillet not Caterham. I believe it was fitted to one of the first R500 demo's. I'd be interested to know if they can be repaired/upgraded as I'll get the reinforcing bar retro added if possible.

I spoke to Tillet a few weeks ago and they said they'd be coming up with a new design shortly for sale to anyone. I think caterham have an agreement with Tillet not to sell the caterham ones to private customers direct.

If some people have bought Tillet branded ones does that mean they are now on sale? I'd like to buy some for my car.

Richard

If Tillet carn't won't try Allen at Motordrive to repair your seat.

motordrive seats

Phone/Fax Numbers:

Head Office Address:

Telephone:

+44 (0) 161 724 5176

Fax:

+44 (0) 161 725 9265 motordrive seats

Moslo Mill

Ebury Street

Radcliffe

Manchester

England

M26 4BL

Internet Contact:

E Mail:

Sales: sales@motordrive.com

Paul.

See My Car Here

• 5 weeks later...

Many thanks for the advice. Tillett have been very helpfull and I should have the seat back next week.

The problem was that the seat was an early prototype sent to caterham! The design was changed for later R500's! These seats have Tillett on the back and the later ones have Caterham.