Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series running poorly

Dignity

Hi All,

Just an update for anyone who is interested. I have spent the best part of the day tinkering. I have spoken to Dave Walker and Dave Andrews who were both very helpful and patient given my rookie status. The positive is that I have learned a lot. The negative is that its made me realise that I know nothing. I have a mapping session with Dave Walker booked and I have vowed to try and learn a bit during the session. I'd like to say thanks to everyone for the input and suggestions. Blat chat has once again saved me a few quid. John/Paul I owe you a pint. It turns out it was the Fuel Pressure Regulator *thumbup*. I did not want to buy a new one not knowing if it was the problem but managed to pick one up in a scrap yard for peanuts.

Best Regards

Dignity

Hi Simon,

To be honest it was all a bit hit and miss. I plugged the laptop into the emerald and checked that the sensors were registering. Then checked and reset the throttle pot.

DVA suggested that I try fuel pressure and balance of throttle bodies. As i did not have the equipment to do either I bought a Fuel pressure regulator. It cost next to nothing in the scrap yard so was the easiest and cheapest next option.

I should add that mine wasnt a new install. It was running fine for 1000miles then all of a sudden not.

Regards

Dignity