Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham Blackbird airbox - new.

simonpa

Really? I thought CC only supplied one and that was (well this one is) composite.

My engine is injected and the pair to it (I bought the last 2 in stock)lines up nicely.

It also has a recess for the fuel/injector rail.

I am a newbie to BECs though...

Cheers - Simon

I'll mention it to my pal this evening - but fairly sure he's had a Caterham box in his parts-bin for a couple of years - and on reflection, he's on carbs anyway.

I'm injected - but already have the Westie airbox *wink* Has to be sealed with duct-tape *rolleyes*

Haha - my Wife seems to think so!

I'm on my 10th (I think) Caterham and am always upgrading/consolidating the current car or buying parts in preparation for the next one!

I sometimes pickup stuff on the offchance that I'll use it in the future, but I think one airbox will do me for the forseeable...

I've still a few K-series upgrade parts (TBs, cams, exhaust, carbon) that I collected for the current car (which was going to be another K), then ended up getting the BB instead, so may be selling them soon.

Cheers - Simon

Simon, i only mention it as the carb version is different to the fuel injected version. Some are also composite and some (Nick Chan for example) have a CF version.

It sounds like you have a composite fuel injected one.

Cheers Neil

PS Which/whose Blackbird have you got . Is it a recent purchase. How are you getting on with it. Have had mine for 10000 miles and two years now and i 🥰 it. Mine now has a 1.2 big bore version with Nova box and goes quite well.

Edited by - neilg on 6 Mar 2011 18:58:21