Click here if you are having website access problems ×

NEW - Compromotive CXR bulk buy - CLOSING TO NEW PEOPLE ON THE 13TH MARCH!!

jp7

Hi all, I'm interested in getting together a new bulk buy of Compromotive CXR wheels in 13" diameter.

Having spoken to them they have given me the following deal,

Current retail prices are as follows:

CXR1362 6x13 £102.00 each +VAT=£122.40

CXR1370 7x13 £110.00 each +VAT=£132.00

CXR1381 8x13 £122.00 each +VAT=£146.40

CXR1385 8.5x13 £129.00 each +VAT=£154.80

Based on minimum wheel quantity of 32 wheels (8 sets) we can offer the following discounted prices:

CXR1362 £73.00 +20%=£87.60

CXR1370 £78.00 +20%=£93.60

CXR1381 £88.00 +20%=£105.60

CXR1385 £93.00 +20%=£111.60

Which is about 28% discount buy my comprehensive education ( Dont tell me i got it wrong!)

Colours in white – black – gold – silver or grey anthracite.

Wheels nuts at £20+vat/set for car. Chromed finish in either 7/16th UNF for older cars or 1.5mm for newer ford studs.

6.5" is unavailable.

Carriage based on a set of 4 wheels to a UK mainland address £17.00+VAT

Offset ranges available

CXR1362 6x13 offset range: et18 > et44

CXR1370 7x13 offset range: et0 > et34

CXR1381 8x13 offset range :et12 > et46

CXR1385 8.5x13 offset range : et18 > et52

In the last bulk buy the offsets used were

6" ET20

7" ET18/20

8" ET20

8.5" ET 24

Here's a link to there site to see what they look like.here

There we go, register your interest on here, and we'll see how many people we have to see whether this is a goer:)

regards

Jon

Edited by - jp7 on 3 Mar 2011 17:03:53

Edited by - jp7 on 7 Mar 2011 14:22:25

Because the question always gets asked...and as it took me ages to find the right answer, fyi these are the correct wheel offsets for 7" and 8" CXR rims if you want the CXR offset to match the backspace the standard wheels CC use (ie.you therefore maintain the CC 'correct' backspace).

Front wheel - CXR1370 7x13 Offset et12. Gives wheel backspace 112mm

Rear wheel - CXR1381 8x13 . Offset et24. Gives wheel backspace 137mm

Edited by - skydragon on 25 Feb 2011 08:47:39

Hi Jerry, i think if you follow skydragon's comments above anything up to 8" will fit the rear, and 6" will easily fit the front. I have flared wings so will be buying 7" fronts, i'm not sure about the cycle wing stays and wider fronts, would anyone like to comment?

I've tried a pair of 8.5" on my rear and they fit fine, using ET24.

cheers

Jon

So where are we up to?

Kev 2 sets

Pete 1 set

Jon 1 set

Jerry ?

Jake & Lizzy 1 set

Ivan 1set

Udo-p 2 sets

8 sets so far, so its on!!

Compromotive have said they will hold prices until end of march

cheers

Jon

Edited by - jp7 on 3 Mar 2011 17:05:44

Hi all, the time has come to give me some sizes, colours and offsets. Just post them on here and i'll collate it all together.

cheers

Jon

Details recieved for

Ivan

Udo-p

Jon

Jake

This the way we will proceed.

I will collate all the wheel sizes, offsets, colour that we require.

I'll pass the details onto compromotive.

Once that has happened, each individual needs to ring compromotive to confirm spec, give delivery details and pay. I dont want to get involved with any money!

I'll send the details of who to contact when i've got all our specs.

Edited by - jp7 on 3 Mar 2011 17:04:23

Hi All,

I have been in contact with Compomotive regarding the 8" rear wheels, ie the 1380 and the 1381. The 1380 is the "deep dish" rim which I particulary like the look of but some people have been concerned about the brake clearance.

Compomotive have emailed me a CAD drawing of the wheel showing all the dimensions of the wheel to check for brake clearance. I have this for the 1380 and 1381 in 19mm offset.

If anyone wants a copy of these drawings, please BM me. I am off to measure up my SV to see if the 1380's fit!

Cheers

Mike

OK,

Just measured up then and the 1380 will clear the brakes easily.

You can see the arrangement in this photo (found in google photo search, not my car)

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/1322719427062249314HdkCbX

and the brakes sit inboard of the wheel mounting face by about 11mm on my car, dependant on pad wear tho. Pads on mine as almost new tho so no worries there.

Cheers

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

All,

I have ended up purcasing the 1380's ET19 for the rear and 1361's in ET20 for the front. I much prefer the deep dish look of these rims but it has the negative of limited brake clearance. On a caterham with standard brakes this should be no issue.

This is different to the usual 1362/1381 combo that is purchased. By my measuing these will fit no problems.... time will tell!

Will report back on clearances etc once they arrive for any future bulk buys.

Thanks to Jon for organising the bulk buy.

Cheers

Mike

Hi chaps, many thanks for saying thanks and all that. Not a problem to organise it really and if it saves us money, in my case £160, its worth it!!

Cant wait to get them and give them a go at castle combe in may......

cheers

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, i've been asked by several people whether there is still the chance of getting into the bulk buy. I have spoken to James at Compromotive and he says that the BB deal is now closed. However he did say that anyone else whoose interested should give him a call, mention the BB and a deal would be struck. I honestly don't know if it will be the same but its worth a go. His number is 01902 311499.

Mine turned up last week, fantasticly beautiful they are *eek*, and i've just fitted my Carlos Fandango V70's to them, 215 front, 235 rears. So tomorrow i should be able to give them a go.

cheers

Jon

Hi All,

I recieved the wheels yesterday, 1380's ET19 for the rear and 1361's in ET20 fr the front. These are the "deep dish" option compared to the usual 1362/1381 combo.

To report fitment on a 52 plate SV with standard brakes... there is heaps of room. More room at the front than standard minilites.

You can get away with flat centre caps on the front, but the axle nut sticks through at the back so you need a proper cap on the rear. The supplied black plastic caps are not suitable for the rear.

Paint finish on the outside is spot on, a bit rough on the inside of the wheel but at £400 for a set of 4 delivered its hard to complain! look 100% once on the car!

Will get some photos up once I get the tyres fitted.

Cheers

Mike