Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tacho showing double RPM

Flyingfish

I have changed my engine from an EU3 1.8k with standard ECU to an EU2 1.8k with an M3Dk Emerald. It is all running fine now except for one issue *confused* The rev counter is showing pretty much double the RPM that the Emerald is seeing. Can the POBC shed any light on what might be causing this and how I can fix it *wink*

Ok - these are the pics I took when I asked exactly the same question 4 years ago!

Back showing rubber bung:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/caterhamnut/Seven/DSC00750.jpg

'Insides' - now I *think* it is something to do with that arrow-shaped dial, but not sure - I couldn't change mine...

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/caterhamnut/Seven/DSC00752.jpg

Edited by - angus&tessa on 24 Feb 2011 11:56:22

The arrow shaped dial looks very much like a potentiometer! Probably for fine tuning! I would avoid it unless you can play with it while the engine is running and you have your laptop plugged in so you can see the ecu reading at the same time to get it right. That is, I doubt it would just 'click' once like a switch, but just spin around slowing changing the reaction to the input signal...clearly not a very sophisticated tacho!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

Dan,

Is your ECU a K3?

If not, then you can't adjust the tacho scaling.

If it's a K3, then, from the ECU config. menu, select "Crank/Cam/Distributor sensors". It's the top right option.