Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Keep it Clean, even the sound

heavenly7

I have just become the proud owner of a nearly new 7! It is even better than I thought.

I would appreciate some thoughts on keeping it clean. There was a previous thread on using Liquid Gloss. I wonder what people recommend for the exterior and where you can buy it. What about the underside. I know about Waxoyl (but maybe not the correct spelling) and I have seen some aviation stuff that sounds pretty impressive.

Finally, and I know there has been a previous thread, is it total sacrilege to fit a radio. I thought about putting the whole unit in the boot (couldn’t face putting it in the dash and there isn’t room on mine anyway) with a couple of speakers tucked under the corners of the facia and one of these remote units on the dash.

Stereo is only really effective if you use headphones. Intercom systems can be found which allow stereo and phone connections and civilised chat to a passenger - I almost did this, but then I reckon the car sounds great anyway, especially chasing bikers over mountain passes and the noise means you can claim you didn't hear requests to slow down from the passenger! However, I do sometimes take a Minidisc player and pair of DJ headphones (over-ear not in-ear) for long motorway trips which act as ear-defenders and entertainment (for me and other road users

*smile* )

Cheers, Ewen.

Ewen Malloch

P979TMV - Yellow 1.6 K Series

• Area Representative

Hi Heavenly,

Welcome to seven ownership! Agree with comments about fitting a radio/stereo in the car and not being able to hear it. I use a minidisc with in-ear 'phones and some cheap industrial ear defenders from a carpenter friend who saw me eyeing them up (oo'er missus!) Think they are about a fiver and they work perfectly with the minidisc on half volume.... without the ear defenders turning the MD upto full volume is only good too 80 mph and then don't bother *wink*

HTH

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

Heavenly

I have a cd-player fitted in my se7en, no problem at 80-90 mph.

I will be at the 4 counties meet on tuesday, along with the other Sutton se7ens. (thats if the weather is ok).

Pop along .......... my se7en is red with a gold nose band, with caterham's web site on the side.

Doug,

*smile* *smile* The Sutton SE7ENS...... SLICK AND QUICK *smile* *smile*