Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Censorship

Blatman

I've recently made a posting using the name of a well known kit car manufacturer, whose design was.....ahem......"inspired" by the Lotus/Caterham 7. On reading my posting, the forum had replaced most of the actual name with asterisks. I CAN understand why, but I would submit that owners of these cars, as well as LoCosts, Tigers, and whatever, may all be ENTHUSIASTS of the Lotus/Caterham 7 philosophy, but choose to pay homage in a different way. Parralels can be drawn with religious beliefs, and for obvious reasons. The censorship is also a little unfair, as the word "Tiger" could be used in a totally "innocent" context, and so presumably won't be treated the same way. The L7Club GB heading states that the club is run for ALL ENTHUSIASTS of the marque. Are the honourable members, readers and Blatchatters of such a delicate disposition that they need to be shielded from such blasphemyquestion.gif

• 2 weeks later...

It is very petty to censor other manufacturers names from messages. If postings about other Seven style kit cars are not wanted on this board then it should say so and I'm sure another board would spring up to allow the discussions to continue.

If you look at the postings on the Sevens mailing list it is nice to see owners of all the different Seven style cars exchanging posts with no judgement whatsoever. Whether you own a Caterham, Robin Hood, West field, Sylva, Fraser, Fury, Tiger, LoCost, etc. etc. it's all a similar theme, based on the original concept.

I however, find the censorship very hypocritical - perhaps owners of original Lotus 7s might object to the word Caterham being used? I realise the link with other manufacturers and the original Lotus Seven is more tenuous than Caterham's but they are still 'Sevenesque' cars.

There are not a huge number of places on the internet to discuss the technical issues regarding Sevens, I was happy to find such a well supported and knowledgeable forum but the 'elitist' attitude is not welcoming. This attitude pops up now and again but the censorship of other manufacturers names just makes it worse. Please end this nonsense.

Graeme.

"owner of one of those (apparently) cheap, (allegedly) poorly manufactured, (supposedly) inferior manufacturer's cars.

www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk