Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

K-Series Thermostat - QED Install

myothercarsa2cv

Apologies for any confusion.

The hose I referred to in my earlier posting as a 'J' hose is this one which runs from the thermostat housing, back along the inlet side of the engine (under the inlet manifold) to connect to the heater. My revised connection is made at the end of this hose, roughly level with the back of the engine on the inlet side.

Mark has correctly identified that there is an even more 'J' shaped hose like this which runs from the thermostat housing, forwards to the submarine pipe forming part of the bottom radiator hose assembly. The submarine pipe stub is the original location for the connection which gets plugged.

Look. This is getting confusing. Can we all agree the names for each hose, pipe, cable, wire, flappy thing and wotsit under the bonnet please? *rolleyes* Perhaps a dictionary should be made *tongue*

Mr Locust, you don't have a pic of your setup do you? Q Catcher - an ally tube shouldn't be more than a few quid to replace the submarine (tube with T between rad and stat *wink*)

Has anyone fitted on of those bolt in do-dahs? How does one cut a hole in the silicone hose without ruining it? Drill?

Malcolm,

it is not me who needs to be convinced of your meagre expenditure on Caterham related projects. I am happy for you to spend just as much as you like *tongue*

I trust that you and the family are all well.

MOC2CV,

I'm looking into some clearer pictures or diagrams. You'll appreciate that it is a difficult thing to photograph on a car fitted with TB's and a large airbox. Bear with me.

Mark,

YHM back