Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Alternative S3 Heater options

Doug

My 1995/6 Seven has the older type heater which really doesn't provide much in the way of heat (and is non switchable apart from the fan). I've read the previous thread regarding using a MR2 fan but it strikes me that it's the heater matrix which is barely up to the job on my set up.

Is it possible/straight forward to change to the more modern currently available "fresh air" heater, or is there a better alternative from another source which wouldn't necessitate a new bonnet? I've seen this on flea bay which looks interesting.

Edited by - Doug on 8 Feb 2011 13:20:35

I'm surprised yours doesn't work very well. I have a similarly aged unit that will bake your feet if you're not careful. Does it have the plastic case with a '7' moulded into it under the bonnet?

I'd check that you're getting the proper water flow through it before replacing it. Have you adjusted the circular vent flaps for max air flow and is the on/off water valve working properly?

The heater also doubles as additional engine cooling when it overheats but, again, watch your feet and shins 😬

That's very impressive Oliver!

Given all the comments you chaps have kindly given, I've bought a Toyota MR2 MK1 heater fan, following Phil's comments - here. I managed to pick one up on Flea Bay for £23.00 all in.

If all that fails to do anything, then I'll have to think again...