Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Another great map from Steve Greenald...

captain chaos

A couple of years ago I had a new engine built by Bob Jones as part of my full re-build. Bob Mapped the engine on his bench dyno and I have to say, in the car, it felt quite good to me..however, it wasn't without a few niggly issues...

Having not used the car much it didn't overly worry me that she was tricky to start from warm, smelt very rich at tick over and never liked idling from cold...plus had appalling fuel consumption...(now then, that may sound odd, but I was getting around 11 mpg on a gentle run to daveK's for tea and biscuits!)

I was looking to get the map checked and Alan (at DTA) suggested Steve Greenald. A new one on me and a long way from home!

Finally got the car down to him this week for the map to be checked.

Whilst I was slightly scepticle when I collected the car, (I've not met a tuner yet that has not given me more of of this and that as I've parted with my dosh)...however, he said I would be impressed and I have to say... I am!

Been out for a drive this morning and I am well pleased. Part thottle response is much better and she rev's more crisply, more cleanly too. Starting the car was also a revelation this morning 🥰 He doesn't do a power run prior to his work..and I did not go there for more power..however, the engine seems to have gained a bit of poke too *cool*

He was highly complimentary of the engine (Vx) that Bob has built, but now it has the map it deserves.

Great guys, great service. The best I've been too *thumbup*(and I've been to a few over the years!)

Well recommended.

Steve always delivers

I thought my car went well until he remapped it for a race cat, it was like a different car, loads more go and so responsive *thumbup*

Cant wait till the YOB is on his rollers in a couple of weeks

Mad Hatter The Dura Mentalist 😬 Carl @ Penn 7's *thumbup* Caution - May Contain Nuts !