Click here if you are having website access problems ×

oil filter troubles

wonkey eyed barmaid

hey all,

need some help identifying the oil filter on my 99 classic (1600vx) so that I can do its 3000 mile service tomorrow.

I bought a 'champion' G102 oil filter, which should have been for 1600cc vauxhall carb engines. but its about 1.5" longer than the standard one.

the one on the car is made by "cooper" and part number is Z107.

as far as I can tell from the packaging, 'Champion' filters are made by 'cooper' anyway - so can anyone tell me the corresponding champion part number for a cooper Z107 ??

thanx!

no-one gonna help me with my oil filter mix-up??

anyway.

ive found these oil filter part numbers from another thread in tech talk:

"Also when changing oil get the correct oil filter - Champion C116 or Halfords HOF238, TJ FB5300 or Unipart GFE210"

I think the thread was about vauxhall engines, but not sure if it was 1600cc or not...

can anyone confirm if these part numbers above are correct for a '99 1600vx classic?

thanx.

granteuk

Those filters are for the 2.0 litre Vauxhall, not 1.6, so unlikely to be the right ones. Unfortunately, I can't help you with the filter no.s for your car, but you should find that motor factors will be able to cross reference filters from different manufacturers in a big book they have!

Mike