Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Music Collection

petefoster

Having dragged myself kicking and screaming into the 21st century with an ipoddy gadget i have an extensive collection of 243 LP's and 208 CD's they are all in great condition the CD's spent their life in a 200 CD autochanger so were only handled by human hands twice, once in and once out back into the cases. *wink* *wink* *wink*

If you want the list please e-mail me and i will send it to you.

No idea on value, but this represents my musical life from 1975 to date and will be a great wrench *cry* *cry* *cry*

but having sold the hifi units thye really should go to someone who can appreciate them...and yes the LP's do still sound better than the digital versions *smokin* *smokin* *smokin*

I am really looking to sell all as a collection, but would split into lp's and cd's, but let me know what you want and I will review in a couple of days, when all requests are in

I plan to live for ever...so far so good!!!

Edited by - petefoster on 28 Jan 2011 18:50:50

Roger, if you're being really pedantic ( *tongue*) then I'm sure it's still illegal to actually rip a CD to iTunes or watever music library you use. Most CDs will have some text such as

'Unauthorised copying, hiring, lending, public performance, radio or TV broadcasting of this album prohibited'

I'm a lawbreaker - I still buy CDs, but they get immediately ripped into iTunes (and rarely if ever played again), and potentially downloaded to my iPod and iPhone. In addition, a copy of the iTunes library gets backed up on my NAS, and is then accessible by our Sonos system. Oh, and my wife's car has a USB port for music, so a selection will get copied to a flash drive for that.

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. 19,000 miles completed!

It's not illegal to rip a copy to iTunes or anywhere else, for backup purposes. Once you have it, you have bought the right the USE one copy at a time and you can back it up at will. If we are being pedantic then you can have the CD, copy on PC, copy on iPods, tape in the car, and provided you are sure of only actually USING one at a time you are in the clear. The rest are "backups".

You're wrong, you are not allowed to rip a CD even for your own use - see page 8 of this document

The chances of anyone being prosecuted for ripping their own CDs for their own use are nil, but until the law changes, you ain't seen me, roight *wink*

See some pictures of the build here. 19,000 miles completed!

Edited by - 7heavensoon on 29 Jan 2011 12:37:00

Roger, rather than interfering with my post would you not be better to be wandering the streets and parks to ensure dog owners are picking up their dogs poop *evil* *evil* *evil*

I plan to live for ever...so far so good!!!

Edited by - petefoster on 29 Jan 2011 14:33:17

Almost all dog owners do that. Strangely very few music lovers seem to consider that flogging their music collection after ripping it is much the same as stealing the music in the first place. It's entirely up to you (and I'm certainly not claiming to be innocent) I just wondered if you'd thought it through.

As far as the law is concerned, as people have said, it's illegal to rip the discs in the first place, whether you own them or not. So you can probably ignore that.

Edited by - Roger Ford on 29 Jan 2011 16:49:33