Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Are Stunner Scudos still manufactured?

rob spencer

• Support Team

My 5 year old Stunners are way past their best me thinks, but I can't find any new ones around at the moment. I realise ZV3s are a much better tyre but I kinda like the Stunners.

Does anyone know where I can get some? If not, it looks like Avons for me 😬 😬

Rob

Hi Rob

As Alan says, My-Tyres appear to have them here.

Failing that I am sure that the Avons will be fine. *smile*

Alan's Performance last year on A539's was not too shabby so these might be another option. In fact if the the stunners are that much better we should watch out for some STUNNING times from him this year.

Graham

• Support Team

*thumbup*Thanks guys.

MyTyres have the 50 profile but not the 45s ☹️ What profile did you get Alan?

Will the 3.5% increase in circumference have a negative or a positive effect? Gear changes will be in different places but possibly less frequent and/or less time on the rev limiter, but acceleration will be a bit less. *confused* *confused*

I'll probably go for the ZV3s

I got 45s. The difference is 18mm diameter. Slight negative effect on acceleration,

but it'll be marginal, and might just save you a critical gear change. Might be a sqeeze getting them under standard 13/14" wings though. I think Matt J uses 50s.

All joking apart - I really didn't rate ZV1s, and I suspect ZV3s are similar.

AB

For what its worth my experience of ZV3s on track are that they suddenly let go. As a result I have spun several times. This is probably my driving but I lost confidence in the car when I had them.

Since I have replaced my ZV3s with A539s I seem to be able to catch the car much more easily. I have found the A539s to be much more predictable. All I have to do now is to find out how to go quicker!