Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tall driver

Fizzy Bob

The trick isn't so much to do with the pedals but with the seat. Ditch the pretty leather or fabric covered seats on runners and fit either the moulded shell type seats and mount them like mine. (ie as close to the floor as possible and right back against the bulkhead.) Or if you don't fit into one of these, then remove seats altogether and sit on a foam pad. Or if made from money, use one of these expanding foam seat fillers. They come in a kit that you can use to mould a seat around your own anatomy (oooh I say!)

Edited by - Tim Seipel on 5 Oct 2000 23:52:29

Oh how this reminds me of but four weeks ago when I went around the loop of how to fit my 6'4" frame into such a lovely car.

The answers for me were :-

a) Get a two part foam seat made, can be costly if you get someone to do it for you, but really messy if you do it and muck it up. Mine is made up in the base of the seat plastic bit and works like a dream. Drops me about 2" lower and now I look thruough the windscreen to !

b) Get the pedels set up really well, I resorted to having the clutch and break pedels bent to get my size ten feet it with a reasonable chance of not hitting all the pedels in one go !

c) Rotate the dials, I've yet to do this but need to to see the boring where's legal bits on the speedo and when to change on the rev counter (I can normally tell by noise) as due to the location of the change light I can't see that behind the wheel !

Hope this helps and good luck, the snugness of fit really integrates you into the car and the pain on extrication of your frame from the seven on a long journey is a very very very small price to pay.

PS Hows your limbo for getting in with the roof up ! Enjoy, mail me if I can help at jpotter@2gl.co.uk

James

Happy Superlight owner for 17 days

Grinning like a madman, still.....

I have witnessed someone 6'8" with size 13 feet drive a Seven. He went pretty quickly around Croix-en-Ternois. His crash helmet was a bit close to the full cage and he was sitting on the floor without any seat as such, but if you apply ingenuity, anything is possible.

I am 6'2" and with a race seat I leave the pedals on the middle position. I reckon 6'4" should be easy.

6'4", size 11 feet:

Race seat, small steering wheel, pedals fully back. Forget the race boots, still too little room, go bare foot (doesn't matter for track days).

Remove brain, strap in real tight and pretend you're with the little people.

Added bonus: when you reach the pub (and having replaced shoes as this reduces street cred) you're no longer one of the little people and so will pull all the birds, whilst casually balancing pint on the head of vertically challenged fellow seven drivers.

For a while I actually wished I was shorter, but having got the car perfectly sorted for me I feel happy being able to discreetly stare down womens tops and inform friends that their hair is thinning at a faster rate than mine!!

I have a seat pad which is comfortable for shortish journeys and is virtually no height. Pedals as far back as poss. Steering wheel spaced outwards with an alloy block (1 inch), and a quick release to aid entry/exit/street cred.

6'1" (bit of a shorty then).

Davebo

C7 CAR

• 2 weeks later...