Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Piper Vernier pulleys for K series

Rullingen

Yes! The EU3 has a different adaptor (two plugs), whilst the EU2 has a single plug (like the emerald).

Otherwise, I do not think there is a difference between a 1.6/1.8ECU...but on second thought I could be wrong as the injector sizes may be different and the mapping will not be scaled correctly.

Which also leads me to believe that even if you converted the wiring from an EU2 to an EU3 on the SS ECU, the problem is is that the EU2 models often had larger 'tan' injectors while the EU3 often came with smaller black injectors and therefore the map on an EU2 will probably not work on an EU3 unless you swapped injectors.

Rambling, but I am pretty sure mostly correct.

• Area Representative

There are a few differences between EU2 and EU3.

The EU2 has a manifold pressure sensor built into the ECU (which is what the hose from the plenum to the ECU is for), but the EU3 use a combined manifold pressure and temperature sensor.

The EU2 has a siggle coil, and a distributor, but EU3 uses a pair of cam cover mounted coils using wasted spark.

EU3's also have a cam sensor for sequential injection, but EU2's have no cam sensor and used batched injection.

I beleive the idle air control valve control is also different.

In short. you can't easily use an EU3 ECU on an EU2 engine.

However an EU2 ecu is the same for 1600 and 1800, and as is the EU3 ecu.