Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Roll Bar Diameter

tbird

If anyone has time this weekend would it be possible to measure the OD of the top bar on this style of roll bar, and the approx ID of the two holes that go through the roll bar, Car is still in Skye and I am not, but I want to order some bolts to start fabricating a camera mount, many thanks in advance

Tim

Titanium7 cheers, thanks for taking the time

Is that definitely the FIA roll bar as per my pic, maybe my memory is playing tricks but 38mm/1.5" seems a little narrow, it could just be my glasses magnify more than I thought 😬, sorry to question it just don't want to get everything too small

Tim

I ordered a roll-bar mirror-clamp some time last year - and was convinced that I'd got the right thing when I chose the 1.75" (45mm?) version.

A quick measurement *after* the event confirmed that my Westie Caged cage is 38mm after all. Dagnamnit! Don't think Longacre do a 38mm clamp.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Hmm OK maybe my glasses are making every thing look bigger, must ask SWMBO *eek* 😬

cheers Myles

Maybe have to run with 38mm for prototype and hope it fits when I get up there

Tim

Edited by - tbird on 22 Jan 2011 16:38:01

Many thanks, sorry to be a doubting person, should realise BCrs don't make mistakes 😬

Tim

just need to find some 2" 1/4 whitworth 20 TPI bolts now and some 11mm OD tubing, I feel some Googleing is required 😬

Thanks for the links Boris, but I think that is over complicated for what I have in mind, it will be quite a small camera I am looking to mount and I already have all the bits and pieces apart from said 1/4 whitworth or 1/4 unc 2" bolts and some 11mm od nylon or preferably silicone tubing and a couple of rubber washers, think those clamps would be suitable if mounting a Panaflex 😬, but nice to know whats around cheers

Tim

Apologies, just had another (proper *redface*) look, hadn't thought about lighting clamps, I had my design and manufacture head on, They look quite interesting just had a quick trawl and cant find any web sellers tho, I guess the likes of stage electrics may keep them, I may well need a few for another job I have got on building some parcan kits, they would be perfect for that. Any ideas re suppliers

Tim

Edited by - tbird on 24 Jan 2011 01:58:14