Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dark green 7 spotted at J11 M4 westbound GN60 ...

DougBaker

Hi there,

First time posting as it seemed odd to when I didn't actually have the car, rather like wearing a Ferrari jacket to drive a Fiesta. You are correct, I had just collected my new 150 Sigma Roadsport from Caterham South - the roof was up at J11 it had been raining at the start. Pulled off at Reading services to take it down & TRY to refuel. Had been a tad noisy & sweaty with the hood up & heater on.

DIscovered that the problem with the Aerocap filler & BP nozzles hasn't been solved. So I thought I'll just nip to Newbury services & try again. As it was just a short hop I hadn't put jacket, hat gloves on. As I hit the slip road onto the M4 it rained - it rained biblically!

I then discovered that rain does not go over the top, it goes everywhere, outside screen, inside screen, on glasses, on lap. Eventually cobbled together a filler solution at Newbury & got dressed properly. It was a very long day & a long drive back to Wales, certainly better when open to the sky.

Looking forward to seeing how things go around the roads & getting used to the less cosseted driving experience. Have a feeling 2011 will be a fun year.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, while the screen does stop the worst of the rain you do still get some inside.

I find that a peaked hat keeps the rain off the glasses and a sponge to dry the inside of the windscreen occasionally does the trick. Driving with the hood up and ear plugs in also makes long drives back from track days a little more pleasant if the weather is not that warm *smile* Enjoy the new car.

2003 Roadsport SV 1.6K 5 speed.