Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Motorcycle race leathers - Free

Roger Ford

Don't suppose anyone's interested in an ancient set of Crowtree race leathers? Well patched but basically sound. White (or they were once) with "FORD" and "Crowtree" on the back in tasteful pink. With body armour on knees, elbows and probably shoulders.

Should suit someone 5'6" to 5'10. I have long body and short legs, so they might droop a bit on someone who's the other way round.

Crowtree leathers are way tougher than anything you'd buy off the peg. These protected me when I used to lob my race bike down the track two or three times a weekend. I suffered plenty of broken bones, but never broke any skin.

Hi Roger, first dibs to Rob as he enquired, but if not suitable I would be interested please. I am out of the country at the mo but back next week so can drop you a line then.

Was looking for a set for track days to save my nice ones in the event of an incident!

Rob - not sure they'd be very suitable if she's long legged - also they're frankly quite tatty. Where are you based?

Neil - might be more suitable for you, but also had some interest on a bike racing list I frequent. Where in Surrey are you - would you be able to drop over and try on? I'd rather give them to someone I know they're going to fit than send them on spec to someone.