Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wing stone chips

Scott Tully

Scott, I looked into Armour-fending. They have authorised agents that supply and fit the product. Their website should detail these. Or, you can take your car direct to the company (based in Hertfordshire) where they will supply and fit.

Having spoken to both Armourfend and Caterham, it is certain that you will need to remove the wing protectors so that the armourfend can sit behind it and therefore minimise peeling.

Applying it, I am told, requires lots of practice, so may be best to get them to do it for you. Also it can only be applied with the wings attached to the car, because the pressure used is quite high and could not be done on a loose wing.

Hope this helps?

C7 GAR

Oh Yes Yes Yes Yes

I have unpainted carbon wings and although they do "mark", it is almost un noticable. I have also had Armourfend applied to the side panels of the car. This was expensive approx £200 but in the last 2000 miles not a mark has appeared, where as I picked up two stone chips in the first 100 miles prior to the Armourfend. I went to their Sudbury agent and the guy there was excellent. Very proffesional and took great care. It took over 3 hours to apply two pieces to the car including very extensive cleaning prior to application. I would recommend going to Sudbury if at all possible, if you want Armourfend

Edited by - paul bowden on 15 Sep 2002 08:03:05

Hein Gerricke the Motor Cycle accessories shops sell clear , carbon look and Kevlar look film in sheet 600X400 and cost 17 quid. I have just done my rear wings with the CF in the shape of the original protectors and clear film around the sides and up the wings a further 6" . Seems to be unaffected by stones.

Armourfend is great stuff. I have had it on my rear wings for two years now without Caterham stone protectors and the wings are still in perfect condition. I can't rate it highly enough. Expensive though. I had my nosecone done as well as on each side to stop the seat belts and people getting in and out from damaging the paintwork and this cost about £200.

created extended wing protectors from "sticky back" Sheet Carbon Fibre from Motrax dealers

only 100 miles till i put the car out of action so can't comment on performance - but it is real carbon fibre so it looks the biz *cool*

(web search for Motrax is pretty easy - my local dealers are in High Wycombe and Reading - but you need the bigger dealers really)