Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Replacement Helmet....

rgrigsby

I suspect I'm not alone in having to replace my helmet this year, are there any plans for a bulk buy ?

I have to confess despite all the "how much is your head worth" style comments I'm taking a long hard look at the V2 Elite helmet, given that a like for like replacement of my Arai GP5k is going to be nearly £700 and I'm going to need to get Ping one as well this year it is seeming increasingly tempting.

Anyone else going to the Autosport show next week? it maybe chance to pick up a bargain. I'll be there on Friday.

Cheers

Rob G

Rob - Come and see me I have stand space with lots of pretty things (for Cars !!!) for you to look at as well as helmets for you to try.

I will be part of the larger Plays Kool stand.

Simon

www.7tips.co.uk - for all 7 related parts and upgrades.

It is a Snell 2000 however the scrutineers were getting increasingly unhappy about it last year as it's been heavily used (lots of touring) and is really a bit of a mess. I've solved the touring problem by buying a couple of cheaper bike helmets so the replacement helmet will only get used for sprinting/hill climbs which will hopefully keep it in slightly better condition.

Thanks Simon, I'll pop over and see what I can find!

Rob G

Edited by - rgrigsby on 7 Jan 2011 09:49:24

Simon _ i will be definatly coming to see your new helmets *eek* 😳 as my 6 year old GP5 like Robs is showing its usage, plus a couple of scrutineers also picked up a couple of points and where not that happy with it.

I used to subscribe to the pay as much as you can afford theory, but now I am more of a if it is of the correct standard, fits properly and has good visibility then that is good for me *thumbup* the only differentiator then for me is things like weight etc

Simon couple of questions about the helmets.

. ISTR you said you would have 2010Snell helmets, correct.

. Do they come with an option for additional smoked visors

. Do you know the weight off hand

. thinking ahead, do they have Hans posts

Rob

PS will be there on thursday with TM and possibly the Gen Sec

PPS would be up for bulk deal *tongue*

You could get your old helmet painted, thus making you faster (everyone knows that a painted helmet is worth 1s/lap or 1s/run), cooler and cheaper for the same helmet, if it's only surface damage.

Of course, if there is more than surface damage, then you should get a new helmet now anyway.

Jez

Well i had a couple of nicks in the outer coating/shell and it was these that the Scrutineers have been pointing out. The next level weave was not showing but that is now a potential weak point and an area to watch.

I have no problem with replacing it after 6 years of use

rob