Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Empty Master cylinder

Delberts Wallet

😳oops, I was bleeding my brakes yesterday using an easy bleed thingy and got a little carried away and I emtied the master cylinder. What I have done is just filled it up again and re-bled tha the system but it feels quite spongy. Is there anything that I needed to do that I've not done?

Gareth

Blue and Carbon Nice!

Yes, Don't use an easy bleed there crap!

Ofcourse this is only my personal opinion and not one of the club or other blatchat members.

The best way to get a good pedal is to bleed by hand but don't just pump up and down opening each time, get the person in the car to pump 5times in susesion hold the pressure n the pedal then crack the nipple 😳 do this 1 in 5 of every normal up down bleeds ads it forces any small bubbles to the end and holds them there.

Well this works for me every time. 😬

Maybe i just like typing rude words like nipple *tongue*

Keith bored at work and blowing up new RS focus's 😬

I've used ezi-bleed lots of times and never had a problem - just don't get carried away! *wink*

Do as Peter said and you'll be ok! But one thing I will say is that you can never bleed your brakes too much - if nothing else it doesn't do your system any harm to have a good flush out!

Slanty Screen Coose

Gud ord bus! *biggrin*

One of the most common problems when using an easi-bleed is too much pressure overcoming the master cylinder cap seal & spraying brake fluid everwhere (same can happen with bad sealing).

It is very important to let out some of the pressure from the tyre pressurizing the system (its in the instructions) about 10 P.S.I. is plenty