Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

dumb question from new owner

johnv

you'll always get the inside wet! i always remove the rubber mats and check everything is dry under there (it never is of course), thats why i think rubber mats are better than carpets. I also regularly wipe the floor pan with a waxoyled cloth, including under the seats..................its all good fun loving your 7

• Leadership Team
Doors and roof on - spray the lower bodywork and arches with pre-wash and then rinse off with a hose. Then hand wash with two bucket method and a wash mitt. Then rinse off a second time with a hose.

And dont forget to jack up the rear, remove rear wheels and wash under the rear arches, both the inside of the fibreglass and the ali panels. While you are at it give the powdercoated components a wipe down.

Always hand wash, do not use pressure washer or hose.

Angus

I just use waterless wash and a microfibre. There's so little body work, why get water all over the place for no reason, plus the lubes in the WW products help stop muck from sticking in the first place.

Detailer's Pride Waterless Auto Wash used to be able to get it from Motorgeek in the UK, but they don't seem to have it any more. Probably because it lasts so long and most people can't understand how it would ever work.

Martyn

R300GRR

Pretty much I'd say. It's a mild solvent/lubricant liquid that picks up the dirt, holds it in suspension and allows the microfibre towel to catch it and wick it into the body of the fabric. The deepish pile microfibre towels are the best as they can hold plenty of muck. The lube then protects the paintwork from the wiping and is left in a thin layer after the cleaning.

Both of those products look like the same kind of thing.

Martyn

R300GRR

how do you wash yours?

How to make a cleaning a 7 less of a chore:

1/ Avoid wet roads.

2/ If the weather is good enough to wash it then drive it instead that way you don't have to look at the dirt.

3/ Marry a woman that is always looking for something to clean.

4/ Doors off otherwise there will be a mark when the door is opened so it might as well come off in the first place.

5/ Use a bucket. Not keen on using a hose on anything other than the wheels in case I get water in the electrics etc.

I wash mine in the bath, once a year on my burfday *wink* *cool* *thumbup*

To wash my 7 I get an aqua holder (bucket) pour in some foaming formulation (car shampers) add aqua (water) get a dead sea creature (sponge) and dip it in the now full aqua holder and then rub the dead sea creature over the car. Once I have rubbed all over the car I then get an aqua ejaculator (hose with nozzle) and rinse it down.

My car always starts, looks shiny in my hut garage 😶‍🌫️

My first 7 I was a right fool and washed it only with the finest chamois leather inch by inch, panel by panel only on dry hot days which was when the car was ever driven (it got cleaned every time it got driven).

Go figure which way is best *confused*

The Village Idiot