Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Widetrack....does it Really make any/much difference?

skydragon

The car damned-well looks better, for starters!

And I think it was quite likely that my LF narrow-tracks were deformed after the incident at Anglesey, so yeah, widetrack really did make a difference ! *tongue* *wink*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

It's easier to get in to clean....................

It looks good..................

You can say: I've got wide track......................

As said by someone at Caterham when I asked does the aero widetrack have any benefit?: Ask the marketing dept!

If you're a skilled track driver then maybe; if you need new wishbones then go for it; if not then save some cash.

On my original suspension setup I changes the springs/dampers and the effect was huge - much improved...

Jump forward a few years and I then went to widetrack... the change felt almost as big!

I think it well worth going for personally 😬

Obviously you will need to change the springs and dampers, so kill two birds with one stone!

Small Boy - with Loud Toy!

Co-founder of the BOG Club

See Eugene here

and see what I do here

• Area Representative

I only have experience of a narrow track car, but I know some sprinters who post good times with narrow track.

I suspect the only real difference is that the wings don't foul the indicator pods.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

As a simple bolt on then in a word ....NO...but when combined with decent Dampers and Springs and correctly set up with the rest of the car then YES.

What's your current set-up - there may be better return in your unvestment by having the car correctly set - up so you have a known datum to work to.

What's your current set-up
suspension wise - nitrons amd eibach springs, de dion and narrow track. Compomotive wheels with Khumos or ZZRs.

15mm of rake, 65mm under sump, 2deg camber, slight touch of toe out, corner weighted (across diagonals),

Edited by - skydragon on 23 Dec 2010 08:40:33

Going widetrack made a big difference to my car. I take the point about having everything else well set up, time spent on this is not wasted. It isn't just a bolt on improvement.

Front end on my car has a lot more grip than it used to which has improved lap times and car balance.

One of the Duratectives

My garage is narrow so it would be a right pain trying to get round the car if I had wide track. I doubt if an SV wouldeven fit through the door! 😳

Do you lose some ground clearance if you have widetrack? I have 110mm from the sump to the ground which is a lot for a caterham but with the state of our roads I'm glad to have the safety margin.

I find the handling sublime especially with better tyres now fitted but on bumpy corners it can be rather twitchy.

wider track = less weight transfer = faster cornering using the available traction from the tyre.

superwide from freestyle will provide an even greater advantage.

There is a reason 2010 Formula ford corner faster than the historical formula ford.

every little mod helps

here is my Duratec R .... C7 TOP

Taffia joint AO with Al