Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

LED Fog & reverse

Wrightpayne

At the Cadwell trackday in May 2010 (I think) I took some photos of some LED lights fitted to a Kawasaki green car, DVA power sticker, green FIA bar (with L7C sticker) and rear diffuser. Car in generally really nicely turned out.

Lamps were squarer than originals but only about an inch deep. Any idea who made them or where they can be sourced?

Ian

The original landy lights just stick out too much! I keep bashing my shins on them when I walk around the back of the car!
You need a spare wheel on the back 😬

Haven't checked the sizes yet, but the LT865 rear light unit might be interesting. Are they e-marked .... i.e. ok for use on the car (rather than a trailer) ?

The fog and reverse lamps don't appear to be available as matching sizes ?

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 22 Dec 2010 09:34:02

Cooo, sounds like my car 😳

Tim *arrowup* has found the site I bought mine from *thumbup*

Only potential hassle is whether your original lights are fitted using rivnuts, if not it's a pain to gain access to the nuts in the small gap between back panel and tank *eek*

Martin

Martin,

does your car have flourescent dials with the left most one being a clock?

What is the manufacturer of the lights - I remember making a mental note of this and have since forgot!

I have rivnuts - fitted them myself so I could remove lights for polishing purposes but have since had the car painted.

Ian

In that case Steve, can you answer a question for me, as I tried to phone this lot today, and all I kept getting was an answerphone.

How do the light units fix to the rear mounting blocks. I can understand that the outer section can be fixed to the rear panel. But I couldn't see from the picture how the light unit is fixed to the mount??

Nigel

C7 FST....Powered by DVA

A Wolf in Clams Clothing!

If you look at the Multi Voltage Reverse unit, I think we have our answer Nigel.

I have some upgrade itis, the 7's not been driven for 2 months - I cannot wait for snow/ice/salt to go.....

Cheers

Mike

07 Plated RoadSport SV 150 in Red with Black nose band and stripe

Edited: Because I found Nigels answer

Edited by - michaeljclark on 24 Dec 2010 07:58:59

Nigel,

The outer frame bolts to the car with a couple of bolts (into rivnuts, is the best solution) and the LED light unit itself just 'snaps' into the black frame. Releasing the light again is just a question of gently levering the edge of the frame until the light pops out.

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry 'Haka' Flatters - 263bhp of VX joy *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Su77on Se7ener

*thumbup* Cheers Steve.

However, thought I'd figure it out, and ordered some yesterday anyway. Another little job for the winter!

Just need the garage to warm up a bit, too bloody cold in there at the moment!

C7 FST....Powered by DVA

The cheaper pair. I thought that would be more in keeping with the original crappy cheap ones 😬

I think it was under £50 delivered, for the pair. Who know's when they'll arrive though!

Nigel.

C7 FST....Powered by DVA

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, got them ages ago. However, they're still in the box, as I've been busy doing other things to the car!

Looks straightforward enough though. You simply mount the backplate, and then they clip in. Wiring is simple 2 wire job, pos & earth, which'll just connect to existing cables (no resistor required).

Hardest part will be removing old lights, as mine are screwed in from behind the back panel, but to be honest, I think I'll just break the existing lights, and cut the studs off with my angle grinder! The new ones will be fitted with rivnuts, and I can ease the petrol tank forward a couple of inches, to ensure I don't slip, and drill a hole in it!

Hopefully this'll get done before summer starts, along with all the other little jobs. Not least of which, is getting the engine run in, before the blatting season starts in earnest!

Nigel.

C7 FST....Powered by DVA

• 10 months later...

Just procured some of the cheaper 12v mobilecentre LED lights to replace the landy fog and reverse lights here

and

here

I'd already fitted rivnuts in the back panel for the fog and reverse lights and the backing plate holes on the new lights just needed elongating slightly. Just awaiting the econoseal plugs from Polevolt and they can be connected up.

I really like them - subtley different!!!

Ian

PS - dont try and set up more than 1 hyperlink after several cans of beer !!!

Edited by - Wrightpayne on 25 Nov 2011 23:22:59

Edited by - Wrightpayne on 25 Nov 2011 23:24:29

Edited by - Wrightpayne on 25 Nov 2011 23:27:15

Edited by - Wrightpayne on 25 Nov 2011 23:28:44

Edited by - Wrightpayne on 25 Nov 2011 23:31:20

Edited by - Wrightpayne on 25 Nov 2011 23:33:05