Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil/Water temp sender

Ozzy

POBC hopefully?

Just phoned CC, as I need a new Oil temp sender which fits on the Apollo tank, to be told they are closed, and not shipping any orders until the new year *confused*

Anyway, I wondered if anyone might know the make/type, and whether I could source this elsewhere. Maybe a local motor factors? I think, but I'm not certain, that this is the same unit as the water temp sender on the water rail.

Any ideas folks?

Nigel.

C7 FST....Powered by DVA

A Wolf in Clams Clothing!

Or an SPA dual gauge here. The senders are a direct swap, as is the gauge. Far far better than the Caterham offering and allows you to view both at once instead of the flick-switch.

CC parts is closed for a stock-take by the way *thumbup*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calm down dear, it's only a forum!

Thanks chaps,

It's not critical at the mo, just thought I'd get it sorted between xmas & new year, so I may give you a call John, once the weathers cleared a bit!

Sorry. Not keen on the stack dash, much prefer the traditional dials. In fact the best looking dash in my opinion, is on the new R300 etc. A good mix of nice new buttons, and traditional dials.

Nigel.

C7 FST....Powered by DVA

A Wolf in Clams Clothing!

Ozzy, you're right, they're not cheap. However, accuracy is 100 times better than the Caterham ones where your temp is 'somewhere on an undefined scale'.

But agreed, if you had £150 to spend on the car there are better places to start 😶‍🌫️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calm down dear, it's only a forum!