Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Damaged R300

Richard Hughes

Accident damaged R300 for sale,

The good bits:

2003, factory build, one owner, full Caterham service history, 11K miles, K series with roller barrels, 6 speed, LSD, carbon wings, nose, aeroscreen, mirrors, dash, Mike Barnby split rims with CR500's + original anthracite alloys with nearly new CR500's, tillets, 4 point harnesses, full weather gear and screen, R300 reg, immaculate pre-accident condition.

The bad bits:

Impact on nearside front wheel/suspension, need half chassis, 1 side panel, wishbones, upright, wheel rim & tyre, complete exhaust, front wing etc. New boxed bonnet with car, no damage to nose cone. Cat 4 insurance write off, easy rebuild

Dry stored for the last year, difficult to get any meaningful pics, redundancy forces sale.

£8500 or very near offers

R300 RNH

I am tempted as a new project but funds are targeted for other things at the moment.

Quick estimate would be about £6k to get this back as new (if doing it all yourself).. So a worthy prospect..

As the others say, probably worth more than your figure in parts, but do you want the pain of stripping, cleaning, listing, selling/posting etc.

I am gutted for you that you can't now rebuild her as it is an amazing feeling to strip, rebuild and drive again.

Good luck with job hunting, maybe post in chit chat with your credentials to see if anyone knows of anything going.

Jonathan

=========================

My Flickr Gallery

92 Supersprint, Ford LSD LA, RK AX Crossflow. Stealth model (Matt Black and Ali), rebuild completed.

Looking for a project just now so could be very interested.....Can you please advise what a Cat 4 is - I'm assuming its the same as a CAT D... if not does this show on the Log Book....also appreciate that pictures may be meaningless but still could you email me some anyway to ponder. I'll BM you my email address.......Many thanks

Upgrades - a screaming DVA KV05+something more Radical

www.radicalroadcars.com

www.geoffwilcoxphotography.co.uk

Edited by - Geoff Wilcx on 17 Dec 2010 09:37:42

Edit:

Aparently a new long front can be done without a total strip so my inital estimate is a tad high, probably cut it back by £2k so £3k-£4k to fix.

Jonathan

=========================

My Flickr Gallery

92 Supersprint, Ford LSD LA, RK AX Crossflow. Stealth model (Matt Black and Ali), rebuild completed.

Edited by - jonboylaw on 17 Dec 2010 17:00:03

Edited by - jonboylaw on 17 Dec 2010 17:00:22

Richard did you get my BM from earlier today?????? *wavey* *wavey*

I need to make a decision on your car before I commit further with another project which I've started this week. *idea* *idea*

Upgrades - a screaming DVA KV05+something more Radical

www.radicalroadcars.com

www.geoffwilcoxphotography.co.uk

Best of luck selling our car and hope it gets rebuilt and enjoyed again.

Quick point though, Cat D does show on the records as ( can't remember the exact terms but something like) condition alert - recorded total loss. After a rebuild and an inspection the vehicle can be calssified as condition verified - still shows a total loss but that is has been repaired and inspected to show it has been repaired correctly. The good old days of having the record expunged have gone ☹️

Good buy for someone though.

Thanks all, had loads of interest and people on their way to look today but am now snowed in -I'm right on the top of the North Downs and wouldn't feel at all happy that anybody is trying to get here, will contact everybody who has shown an interest as soon as the conditions improve.

Thanks

Richard