Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tripmeet - Terratrip 303 or Brantz Interpro S2?

rgrigsby

I use a 303+ which works well. The Brantz is harder to read in bright light. The 303 has many more display options like time of day and interval distance or total distance and interval distance or avg speed and interval distance. In reality though, I only ever use the distance and total distance mode.

Think of the 303 as an I2S Pro and a Rally clock in one and it doesn't seem such bad value.

One good thing with the Brantz - Almost everybody on the Guild of Motor Endurance trip uses them so if you break a sender, somebody witll have a spare. They also look much nicer!

Alex

Edited by - Alex Wong on 11 Sep 2002 13:54:08

Edited by - Alex Wong on 11 Sep 2002 13:55:33

I've used terratrip's ARC, 303, 404 and Brantz..... (lowest spec, forget the model no.)

I used to do historic road rallying and one of their big things is regularity, you have to maintain 29.6mph for 3.2 miles, then 22.4mph for the next 4 miles etc etc. Oddly enough they don't allow any tripmeters with speed readouts or average speed calcs built in..... So that forced me to brantz as all the current model terratrips have speed included.

I have to say I prefer the Terratrip models though but only for cosmetic reasons, they all work as well as each other. If I ever upgrade my next tripmeter will be a Coralba but only cos the WRC use them, even the most basic trips do more than enough, all I really need are int trip, total trip, BBC time and stopwatch.