Click here if you are having website access problems ×

£15k for this?

Wile7

If you look at mobile.de you'll find that all Seven-like cars have sort of interesting asking price in Germany.

As a benefit you also have to watch out as everything is advertised as either Lotus or Caterham even if it an unknown shed.

Close with "shed" - it's plywood under the skin.

Less amusingly for us Airfix kit Caterham assemblers, there is considerably more time, work, blood, sweat, tears involved in a Locust, Hornet or Midge plan built motor car - been there, done that.

I guess it's worth whatever anyone pays - but as it seems to be registered in a foreign land, it's probably cost a bit more to do so.

I think your average tin-top driver would baulk at the 20 grand my Caterham cost me 11 years ago . . . and be rather amused to then find it came in boxes and I needed to assemble it! I then like to point out that at that time, for 50 quid more, I could have bought a new Jag X-type.

Beauty, and sensbility, in the eye of the beholder . .

Bri

Well, I think I can explain it. Madness as it is...

If you see the reg plate and the fact that it is in Euros... its because there is a massive premium on Caterham/Lotus 7s on the continent because Caterham cars are so helpful providing Certificate of Conformities for their cars. NOT. (only on factory build - meaning finished.. dont get me started!).

Grrrrr

Zak

www.zak7.com