Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Spax suspension

LesG

I have 2 sets of Spax dampers for sale (front and rears), both adjustable for rebound, one set height adjustable also. I also have various springs available of unknown poundage, but I'm guessing for live axle use.

I can email photos to interested parties, and I'm open to offers for the lot before I disperse amongst the jackals of fleabay.

Les.

Hiya Jon, no clue at all re. poundage mate; this is an assorted box of spares that came with my car when I bought it. Just thought it was time to clear some shelf space (and help fund my 'little' project!) My car originally left the factory in kit form as LA, but it is most definitely DD now, so it's only a guess that some, if not all, this kit came off my car during the transformation.

How's the weather up there?

Q102; I don't know, but when I checked with the CC archivist, she gave me the original (as ordered) spec of the kit as a LA Xflow with 4 speed 'box. It's now a DD with 5 speed, and your guess is as good as mine 😬

Weather ok mate, lots of snow over the last 2 weeks, now thawing out so if it freezes again there will be a big mess.

Sounds like your chassis has a bit of history :) If they are LA springs in good condition (coatings still intact and no rusty bits) then I may give them a shot.

I am planning on making up some looms soon, but xflow only..

Hope all is good down there mate.

Jonathan

=========================

My Flickr Gallery

92 Supersprint, Ford LSD LA, RK AX Crossflow. Stealth model (Matt Black and Ali), rebuild completed.

Hi Jon,

it's been a balmy +6 deg C today, a nice change from -8! The big thaw is on, most of the snow and ice has disappeared today, almost 7 weather, some might say!

My car does appear to have had a chequered past; taking her down to Arch Monday 20th for (more) chassis mods (to fit K engine). Maybe Bruce will be able to shed some light on the LA-DD conversion.

Looking forward to a blat in the Spring, how about a meet at the Beeftub?

Les