Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wanted: SLR/R300/R400 exhaust parts

Andrew Willoughby

If it is of any help - I have a powerspeed can from my old superlight (4-1) not been used for 3-4 years

it is non-cat stainless steel

it is of limited use to me these days so you could get the powerspeed 4-1 primaries to suit

drop me a mail offline if interested

rob

Andrew needs the primaries for a rather special silencer. *wink*

The collector would preferably be the 4-2-1 hence the SLR request. But the R300/400 primaries are larger and the collector could be adapted to 4-2-1

www.7tips.co.uk - for all 7 related parts and upgrades.

Simon

I'm afraid it's not as simple as that, you have to 'pair' the right cylinders on a 4:2:1 and the R3/4/500 primaries are paired diagonaly. You'd finish up with a snake pit collector that would be huge and probably impossible to make with secondaries of the correct length.

If Andrew can find a complete SLR system he could then sell the can in order to make way for a nice new CIC one. *cool*

Adrian

Ah Yes I seem to recall that about the R300/400 system now. That's why the SLR systems are so sought after.

I wonder how much of a difference there is between the SLR with 4-2-1 compared to the larger R300 primaries and 4-1 collector make on a Supersport engined car.

Adrian

Simonpa is offering a R400 system to Andrew via the wanted's and its listed as 4-2-1

So can that be done. Something tells me this is a R400D.

Andrew is getting in contact with him anyway.

Simon

Simon

I think Richard has the answer, I seem to remember SLR racers became R400 racers when a set of roller barrels and an MBE were added. Aparently there were some lucky owners at the end of the SLR production run who also benefited from this upgrade. 😬

The difference between a 4:2:1 and the big bore 4:1 on a standard SS running mems is probably very small if anything.

Adrian

• Area Representative

Andrew,

There is another issue with fitting the R3,4,500 primaries when you've previously had the "competition" long 4 branch or the SLR system fitted.

The R3,4,500 primaries exit the side skin much further forward, so the side skin hole needs opening out, but leaves a bigger hole behind.

• Support Team

Andrew

Earlier this year i picked up the primaries and a 4-2-1 collector (or rather Adrian W) picked it up for me) I think from Freestyle. They had a number of them which were redundant parts from an ex race team i believe.

Might be worth giving them a call - even if they're not sponsoring the championship next year ☹️

Rob