Click here if you are having website access problems ×

longer wheel studs

lotusdave

.Item number: 230552845808 on ebay

this may be a help if you are looking for longer wheel studs, correct thread for most caterhams M12 x 1.5, they may need to be shortend to fit barmby wheels will try them myself , cannot fin anything better good price dont know how to do the link *thumbup*

Yep fitted them the other night. Unfortunately it was not as straight forward as I hoped. For MB wheels/wheel nuts they worked fine but not on the STD Caterham nuts with Anthracite wheels. The studs bottomed out in the nuts before they were tight. This was partly because they are 49mm and not the 47mm stated so I had to drill and tap the 16 nuts further. This took all night and only left about 1mm before the hole would have broken through the end of the nut. I guess the easy way would have been to buy some CSR holed wheels nuts for the anthracites..

Jason

• 1 month later...

Hi Jason - still there? Its me again. I purchased a set of longer studs from Demon Tweeks and on saturday tried to fit them to my 2003 Roadsport.

I can remove the front wheel studs ok, but couldn't get the longer ones back in. I tapped out one of the rears, but they just dont seem to have any where to go? Am I missing something here? (I only had an hour to do this while my five year old was out at a party!)

Any help appreciated (although not necessarily from my 5 year old). Chris *confused*

Chris

I took both front and back apart and used a press to fit the new ones.

Whats the length of the unthreaded part measured from where the threads start to where the head butts up to the hub? Mine are ok but could really have done with having more thread and less plain shank.

Jason

Edited by - Jason Fletcher on 11 Jan 2011 16:05:26

Hello Jason

The overall length (end to end) of the stud is 49mm, whilst the length of the plain shank, from inner face to start of thread is 19mm. Hope this helps.

Now all I have to do is fit mine. I was wondering if I could remove the calipers and then undo the allen nuts joining the disc to the hub, slide the disc inwards, which would then give me enough room to knock out the old studs and then fit the new ones. Does this make sense?

Regards Chris *wavey*