Click here if you are having website access problems ×

engines too big!

Al Duncan

Engine in 😬, Gearbox in 😬, nose cone on 😬, Bonnet..... 🙆🏻 😳 *eek* ☹️ *mad* doesn't fit.

apparently our engine has a new injection manifold which is made out of cast ali instead of plastic and it looks rather like a vvc one, Lovely *tongue*. Except we should have a vvc engine mount and more worryingly the manifold itself should have had 3mm machined off the top before it got to us.

so.... we are now waitning for a new one to be sent and we have to change 'em over *eek*

Thanks to Lawrence (Regular blat chatter) who spotted it while helping us on sat .

The build continues.

Al *cool*

The propshafts are not all that heavy - most of the weight saving comes from using different joints on the ends of the shaft.

Carbon fiber has some fairly exciting failure modes - I'm not sure I want to be sitting that close to it when it goes bang.

Miraz

It's a 2 lt slide throttle electronic fuel injected Ford Cosworth BDX engine Peter.

I can get gundrilled group 4 atlas half shafts for English axles along with lightened flanges saving 3.5kgs. I also use a standard crossflow prop from Reco along with the small Anglia flanges.

Home of BDR700